The Lofoten Island's central town, beautiful in every way.
The Lofoten Islands offer some of the most breath-taking scenery in the country with towering, pointed mountain peaks rising majestically from the sea to a height of almost 1000 meters. Many of the island interiors are swathed in emerald greens, and the shorelines are fringed with white sandy beaches.
The only included activity is a 'not to be missed' spectacular nature safari by boat (winter). You will get a good understanding of the marine life in the near surroundings of Svolvær.
On purpose, and because everyone has different tastes, we have not packed your stay in Lofoten full of other pre-arranged activities. The reason being there is simply so much to see and do while in Lofoten and it should be your choice to chose. Our recommended excursions are;
- Cruise along the scenic Trollfjord on the MF Gamle Lofotferga (subject to availability - summer)
- Rock climbing (summer)
- Rent a bike and pedal your way through the Archipelago (summer)
- Visit to the impressive Lofotr Viking Museum (all year)
- Kayaks provide a fantastic opportunity to explore all of Lofotens small and large islands, islets and reefs (all year)
- Join an Ocean rafting trip in a rib boat (all year)
- Join a traditional fishing boat and try your luck (all year, but best February to April)
- Just laze around your Rorbu and enjoy the exotic smell of dried cod (all year)
- Trekking along some of the well marked paths (all year, except when too much snow)
- Go Alpine Skiing off the incredible mountain surrounding Svolvær. (winter)