Husky Sledge Adventure
Want to experience a thrilling dogsledding adventure across the frozen Arctic wilderness? Here is your chance.
- Meet the huskies
- Taken by guides with plenty of experience
- Speed over the frozen landscape
- A chance to see the Northern Lights
You start with a short drive to the camp. Here, you will be kitted out with warm outdoor clothing; Snow overalls, shoes, gloves and hats all provided for you. Then it’s time to meet the dogs. The huskies are harnessed to your sledge, eagerly waiting to transport you across the frozen landscape. Each sledge will be travelling with its own “musher” (guide).
Several of these guides are active mushers with long experience so you can just sit and enjoy the ride. The track we follow is in a landscape of frozen lakes, through forest landscapes and snowy plateaus so you will get close to the arctic wilderness. If you are lucky, the northern lights will make a magical appearance, during the dark period. When the sun returns, the climate gets milder and the daylight lasts longer. After the trip, we gather around the campfire for a hot drink.
- Disembarking port: Kirkenes
- Embarking port: Kirkenes
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 09:30 - 12:00
- Available period: 01 December - 01 May
- Transportation: Bus/car
- Meals on the trip: Warm drink
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Special clothing is provided
- Note: Subject to weather/snow conditions. The trail we drive is approx. 6 kilometers long
- Age limit: 7 years old together with parent