Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
6 days - Nature trails, endless coastal sunsets, islands and unique farm accommodation.
You are about to experience the lush Swedish countryside, lakes, deep woods and a relaxing break along the coast where you can feast on fresh prawns while watching the sunset from the water front.
Towards the end of the trip you arrive Gränna, the small town with beautiful alleys and cozy corners. Learn how to make the local candy; the famous 'polka sticks'. Also a detour out to Visingsö Island is not to forget.
- Picturesque Swedish countryside
- Charming coastal villages and delicious seafood
- Learn how to make the swedish candy stick "polkagris"
- Day 1
- Visit the nature trails around Kristinehamn & the famous Iron Trail.
- Days 2 - 3
- Ferry across to Koster Island and explore the charming coastal village of Lysekil
- Day 4
- Rent a bicycle, visit cozy farm shops & explore charming towns near Gränna
- Day 5
- Forest walks, music festivals & horse riding
- Day 6
- Return to Stockholm at your leisure
- Start/End Place
- Stockholm, Sweden tours
- Country Visited
- Sweden tours
- 6 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles, couples & families
By car - self drive.
- Accommodation in local farms, guesthouses, castle stays and country lodges with private facilities
- Daily breakfast (6B)
- Car hire 6 days; VW Golf (manual) or similar with free mileage and CDW
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Pre-departure information
- Other meals where specified
- Booking with Confidence- we want you to be confident in booking with 50 Degrees North, and we will always have your best interest and safety in mind. In these times of uncertainty during the COVID-19 crisis, we have put in place further measures to make booking with us easier and more flexible.
- Road tolls
- Ferry crossings
- Items of personal nature
- GPS - Global Navigation System
- Accommodation in Stockholm - this can be added as desired.
Day 1 - Visit the nature trails around Kristinehamn & the famous Iron Trail.
Pick up the rental car either from Stockholm airport or Stockholm city. The 3 hour drive will take you to the Swedish country side around Kristinehamn. Walk around the oak trees in the nature reserve, or take the famous Iron Trail which distinguishes itself as being one of the best trails in Sweden. Also a city walk is a nice attraction. The night will be spent in Kristinehamn area.
Days 2 - 3 - Ferry across to Koster Island and explore the charming coastal village of Lysekil
This day you continue towards the Swedish west coastal region of Bohuslän to explore the charming coastal villages. Find your favourite spot either on the sandy beaches, small coves or the sun heated shiny rocks. There is the option of taking a day ferry across to Koster Island.
Consider a lobster or mussel safari, sea kayaking, fishing or scuba diving during one of your days. Or book the spa pavillion and enjoy a private spa & sauna over the sea. You will spend two nights in Strömstad / Lysekil area.
Day 4 - Rent a bicycle, visit cozy farm shops & explore charming towns near Gränna
Back towards the Swedish inland, Gränna is on the map, this charming town with small alleys and cozy corners is the capital of the candy stick polkagris (literally "polka pig" in Swedish) also known as peppermint rock. Take the boat over to Visingsö, the small island just a moment away from Gränna. Rent a bicycle and you can discover the beautiful island close to nature! Get a lunch basket from the fish shop and bike south to explore the island, stop at one of the cozy farm shops.
Day 5 - Forest walks, music festivals & horse riding
Last day takes you back towards Stockholm, after some nice days on the road it is time to hit the country side again to get the last relaxing time in the nature, maybe another walk in calm surroundings. Options in this region: canoeing, walks to find rare orchids and abundant wildlife; chamber music events, rock festivals, food tours and horseback riding; art galleries, golf courses, steamships and steam trains and museums.
Various music festivals take place, every summer: the Lakeside Music lovers Festival takes place in Gnesta, usually in August.
Day 6 - Return to Stockholm at your leisure
Time to get back to the beautiful Stockholm. If you have time spend the day going out on to the archipelago or take some of the city culture in. Return the car before heading on to new adventures.
Price per person, twin share. For last minute bookings: prices are subject to availability. Price indicative for 2022.
30 Sep 2023
Our Nordic Farm and Self-Drive Holidays program extends across the Nordic region; including Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. We have teamed up with Scandinavian countryside farms offering accommodation on site. Our Farm Holidays are perfect for families with young children, or others interested in getting an insight into Nordic countryside life.
We have spent time selecting countryside accommodation situated in key locations allowing you the opportunity to explore attractions and scenic highlights in the regions on day tours. Then come back to the farm lodging in the afternoon enjoying a good traditional home cooked meal.
Our Nordic self-drive holidays are designed as short itineraries in each of the countries Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden & Iceland and can be combined to create a longer more in-depth itinerary if you wish.
We recognise that most people will not necessarily want to spend each and every night at a farm B&B. Therefore, on longer itineraries, we will mix your accommodation up offering you a combination of a farm stay, country lodges, boutique hotels and kros/inns. Each of the properties we offer is unique, and lodging can range from a working farm to a comfortable country lodge/hotel.
You can leave the choice of accommodation to us giving you a great mixture, or you can be specific about your preferred accommodation when you book. Our accommodation categories are:
- Manor House/Historic Hotel/Castle - historic countryside manors, hotels and castles turned into stately accommodation (Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland)
- Country Lodge/Hotel - lodge found in national parks, countryside and mountains (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)
- Kro/Inn - countryside B&B/restaurant (mainly Sweden & Denmark)
- Farm/Gård - working farms, some with farm animals (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)
- Lighthouse - traditional lighthouses on the coast converted to accommodation (Norway, Sweden & Finland)
- Cabin/Hytte/Rorbu (fisherman's cottage) - self catering option with kitchen/kitchenette (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)
What we will never do is put you in a chain hotel in a town or city. You will always stay somewhere unique, somewhere with charm.
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/