Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
6 days - Visit Iceland and Copenhagen with IcelandAir and Visit Denmark.
Have you thought about visiting Iceland for its unique and natural landscapes? Or Copenhagen for its amazing gastronomy, architecture and culture? Why not combine both destinations in one trip from North America when you fly Icelandair and book with 50 Degrees North. The two Nordic countries are the perfect destination for the North American Traveler.
Icelandair connects 11 North American gateways with over 20 destinations in Europe via their Iceland hub, including Copenhagen, Denmark. Combining these two incredible destinations in one trip has never been easier.
Join us on this private itinerary offering the grand nature sites of Iceland and the local insights of Copenhagen in just 6 days. 50 Degrees North is proud to arrange this trip together with our good partners, Visit Denmark and Icelandair.
- Blue Lagoon exclusive SPA entry
- Golden Circle day trip
- Guided city tour of Copenhagen
- Canalboat tour with Hey Captain
- Culinary Biking tour with Foods of Copenhagen
- Newly opened 5* accommodation at Villa Copenhagen
- Day 1
- Arrive Keflavik Airport and indulge in a 4-hour session at the Blue Lagoon's RETREAT Spa.
- Day 2
- A private guided culinary and sightseeing tour of the Golden Circle
- Day 3
- Transfer to airport and fly to Copenhagen.
- Day 4
- Guided city tour of Copenhagen and evening boat tour
- Day 5
- Explore Copenhagen’s impressive food scene by bike
- Day 6
- Transfer to the airport for flight home
- Start Place
- Reykjavik, Iceland tours
- End Place
- Copenhagen, Denmark tours
- Destinations Visited
- Iceland tours
- Denmark tours
- 6 Days
- Superior hotel accommodation in shared double/twin room with private facilities
- Meet and greet service at your hotels in Reykjavík. Our Meet & Greet service at your hotel gives you a warm welcome by one of our guides who will provide you with tips on what to do and see, where to eat and answer questions you might have upon arrival
- Daily breakfast
- All train, bus and boat/ferry tickets as per itinerary
- Private sightseeing programs in Reykjavík and Copenhagen
- The Retreat SPA visit - 5 hour package
- Private guided culinary tour of the Golden Circle
- Private boat tour of Copenhagen including transfer to port
- Private Culinary Biking tour of Copenhagen
- Tivoli Gardens Amusement Park entrance
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Flight Reykjavík to Copenhagen including taxes
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
- On your arrival day in Iceland, between late September and March, consider adding an evening Northern Lights small group tour chasing the lights in a small bus or private tour.
Day 1 - Arrive Keflavik Airport and indulge in a 4-hour session at the Blue Lagoon's RETREAT Spa.
Arrive Keflavik and transfer to the Blue Lagoon. Visit The Retreat SPA for few hours before continuing to Reykjavik.
- Retreat Lagoon - Flowing from the same wellspring of geothermal seawater as the Blue Lagoon, this mineral-rich waterscape offers a more secluded way to enjoy the waters of Blue Lagoon.
- The Blue Lagoon Ritual -The Ritual is based on the rejuvenatingpowers of the Blue Lagoon’s three natural wonders: silica, algae, and minerals. In a spacious sanctuary of three interconnected chambers, you cover your body with the treasures of geothermal seawater.
- Private Changing rooms -Equipped with a walk-in rain shower, an extensive selection of complimentary Blue
- Lagoon skin care, and all the amenities necessary for a relaxing spa journey, each changing room can accommodate 1 or2 people.
- The Blue Lagoon
- Skin Care Amenities
Check in to Hotel Alda and get ready for a Meet & Greet with our local guide in Reykjavík.
Day 2 - A private guided culinary and sightseeing tour of the Golden Circle
This morning you get to explore Iceland‘s sightseeing highlights on the Golden Circle and enjoy sampling delicious local food specialities at selected establishments along the route. Combining sightseeing with local culture, food, and drink is the ideal introduction to Iceland.
Highlights of todays' tour include:
- Þingvellir National Park — walk among the geological wonders of the fissure zone and in the footsteps of the early Viking settlers where the Althingi parliament was founded
- Gullfoss — feel the mist of glacial water as it cascades down one of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls
- Geysir — hear the bubbling of the mud pots, smell the sulfur in the air and watch in awe as the geyser Strokkur blasts boiling water into the air
- Delicious farm to table food specialities of Efsti-dalur farm
- The impossibly sweet tomatoes, chutneys, and jams of Friðheimar Greenhouse
- Traditional Icelandic delicacies at one of the best preserved turfed farms in Iceland.
Return to Reykjavík in the late afternoon and unwind in this lovely city.
AccommodationHotel Alda or similar
Day 3 - Transfer to airport and fly to Copenhagen.
After having explored the beauty of Iceland, make sure to check into the Saga lounge at Keflavik airport to relax, recharge (have some Icelandic licorice, if you are so inclined) and get ready to board your 3 hour flight to Copenhagen, Denmark.
Private transfer to your hotel, right opposite Tivoli Gardens, which is the second oldest amusement park in the world (only surpassed by the world’s oldest amusement park, Bakken, just 20 minutes north of Copenhagen). Tivoli Gardens is also the place that Walt Disney went to find inspiration for Disney World in the US.
Check in at Villa Copenhagen. Carrying on the history of the Central Post & Telegraph Head Office dating back to 1912, Villa Copenhagen opened summer of 2020 as a new social scene in Copenhagen, allowing the past, present and future to come together in an inspiring and playful ambience. Villa Copenhagen strive for an attentive, homely andsocial atmosphere in luxurious and beautiful surroundings. Being located in a historically enriched part of Copenhagen, Villa is neighbouring a number of attractions and hubs of great societal importance to the city.
From your hotel, head down to the tourist office (only a few minutes away) and buy Copenhagen Cards, so you have free access to public transportation, attractions as well as discounts on various restaurants (each adult card allows you to bring along two children under the age of 10 for free). In 2019 Copenhagen opened its new Metro Ring, and with the Copenhagen Card you ran ride it as much as you like. Be sure to walk down to Nyhavn for a beer with locals along the colourful wharf.
Day 4 - Guided city tour of Copenhagen and evening boat tour
After breakfast, meet your private tour guide for a 3 hour tour which will introduce you to many of the main sights of beautiful Copenhagen, Denmark. Topics covered includea general overview of Copenhagen's history, notable people such as the Royal family and Hans Christian Andersen, as well as insights into Danish food, language, and culture.
Discover Copenhagen includes (but is not limited to) the following points of interest:
- Amalienborg Palace and the Marble Church
- Copenhagen Harbour with views of Christianshavn including the OperaHouse
- Colourful Nyhavn
- Former home of Hans Christian Andersen
- Strøget pedestrian shopping street, including where to find Denmark's own brands
- Amager Square and the Stork Fountain
- The Merman and his Sons underwater sculpture
- Børsen, the Old Stock Exchange
- Christiansborg Palace –the Danish Parliament
- The Royal Library and its lovely hidden garden
- The charming streets and squares of Old Town.
In the late afternoon, you will enjoy a canal tour with the small boat company, Hey Captain. Here you will see Copenhagen from the best side; the canal side. You will get a hot or cold drink, whilst you cruise through the beautiful canals of Copenhagen.
This trip will also bring you to neighborhoods such as Refshaleøen (where noma 2.0 has opened) and Frederiksberg, and give you a taste of local life in Copenhagen. Copenhagen is a small capital city, so it’s easy to explore the many areas of the city!
Day 5 - Explore Copenhagen’s impressive food scene by bike
Explore Copenhagen’s impressive food scene by bike. With a local tour guide, discover the amazing food scene in different areas of Copenhagen by the water such as colorful Christianshavn, the famous Freetown Christiania and on the fast growing, industrial area Refshaleøen. On this 4 1/2-hour culinary bike tour you will visit 5 wonderful and unique gems that serve food prepared by people with lots of passion and love for what they do. This food tour is for anyone who wants to get to know Copenhagen’s off-the-beaten-path charms and see what makes it so captivating to us locals. Remembering, that Copenhagen is flat - 10kms at a leisurely pace.
In the late afternoon, get ready for some thrills with an entrance to Tivoli Gardens included. Tivoli Gardens opened in 1843 and was an instant success. Today it is a place for the locals as well as the vistors of Copenhagen to enjoy great food, fun activities as well as concerts and entertainment.
Day 6 - Transfer to the airport for flight home
After breakfast, transfer to the airport.