Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
5 days - Visit Rovaniemi with a stay in the TreeHouse Hotel.
The Arctic TreeHouse Hotel is situated in the forest within the Santa Park at Rovaniemi. With spectacular views over the treetops, the TreeHouse suites offer an exclusive combination of local tradition, Lappish heritage and modern Scandinavian design.
For the adventurous amongst us, you can combine exhilarating activities such as dog sledding and snowmobiling. For the romantics out there, hunting the dancing colours of the Northern Lights is one for the bucket list. For those with children, Santa and his many helpers are waiting to say 'hello', busy in any season.
Much is to be said however, for simply soaking up the stunning nature whilst enjoying the seclusion of your exquisite suite with a visit to a traditional Finnish sauna/spa complex.
- Participate in a reindeer safari
- Snowmobile riding through the forest
- Husky Safari through the forests
- Chances to see the Northern Lights
- Day 1
- Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to the Arctic TreeHouse Hotel.
- Day 2
- Reindeer farm visit with short sleigh ride
- Day 3
- Snowmobile riding through the forest
- Day 4
- Husky Safari in the Lappish Forest
- Day 5
- Departure Day
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Finland tours
- Country Visited
- Finland tours
- 5 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles, couples & families
Transfers from Rovaniemi to the TreeHouse Hotel (6 mins from central Rovaniemi) and luggage transfer to your room.
- 4 nights in a TreeHouse suite
- Daily breakfast
- Return transfer between Rovaniemi airport and TreeHouse Hotel, as well as luggage transfer to your room
Winter Season inclusions:
- Winter gear during activities
- Snowmobile Safari
- Husky Safari
- Reindeer Safari
- Free use of toboggans for your stay. Cross-country skis & snowshoes can be hired at an additional cost.
Summer, Spring and early Autumn inclusions on request.
- International flights to/from Helsinki
- Self-liability waiver approximately 19 € / driver and single driving supplement 49 € / driver for snowmobile driving
- Domestic flights
- Meals other than specified
- Items of personal nature such as beverages
- Optional activities: Metsäkyly Forest Retreat, Outdoor Sauna and Spa Experiences (all require a minimum number of adults, ask us for details).
Day 1 - Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to the Arctic TreeHouse Hotel.
Day 2 - Reindeer farm visit with short sleigh ride
After breakfast at the hotel, get an insight into the most traditional livelihood of Lapland and meet the legendary reindeers of Lapland.
You will drive by snowmobiles to a reindeer farm, where the reindeer herder greets you welcome. On arrival at the farm you get to experience a short reindeer ride (400-600 m) after which the herder will tell you stories about reindeer herding and the traditional way of life in Lapland. After a refreshing cup of coffee and cookies, you will head back to the hotel. The afternoon is free for a local lunch, some shopping or walking the woods.
You can also add a Northern Lights tour to this evening. Ask us for options.
Day 3 - Snowmobile riding through the forest
After breakfast go for a snowmobile safari. This safari is a good option for those who want to get a real feeling for snowmobiling as well as for families with children.
Even close to Rovaniemi centre, the wilderness surrounds you. We take it easy on starting from the snowmobile resort and ensure that you are comfortable with the snowmobile and make a few stops on the way. Feel free to ask your guide about snowmobiling in general or for some tricks on how to drive, unless you are busy taking pictures of the arctic beauty around you!
After the traditional snowmobile safari, it is time for children’s snowmobile driving. The smaller family members get to drive children snowmobiles on a safe track under supervision. These vehicles also have a dedicated track and are just what young girls and boys dream of – a replica of an adult snowmobile, but lighter.
Children of all ages love to play in the snow. Snow games and fun guarantees a playful tour. There is time to relax by a campfire also, have a cup of warm berry juice.
TransportationMore adventurous longer snowmobile rides for adults only available.
Day 4 - Husky Safari in the Lappish Forest
After breakfast, head out on an exciting dogsledding safari.
A short transfer takes you to Lumi Husky Camp, where the enthusiastic arctic sled dogs greet you with barking and jumping - as if they were saying, come on, let's go. Huskies are passionate about running and that is why they are eager to take off with you in their sledge. But first things first: instructions on safety and driving. You and a friend are sharing a team of huskies and can take turns in mushing (driving) and being a passenger.
The route of 10 km (depending on weather and snow conditions as well as driving skills) takes you through an enchanted winter landscape. There will be stops when you can change places as musher and passenger. You will also have some photogenic moments midst the stunning nature and with the beautiful dogs. Once they have ran off some energy, they are calmer and let you enjoy the silent drive.
Back at the farm we will gather around the camp fire to hear the mushers tell about life with huskies. You will of course also
have time to cuddle and pat your newfound friends before it is time to leave the husky farm.
Afternoon is yours to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the hotel. If the skies are clear, look out for the magical Northern Lights.
Day 5 - Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer to Rovaniemi airport.
All prices listed are per person, based on two people sharing a room. 2023 prices are indicative due to the current uncertainty across Europe with increasing energy and volatile fuel costs. Travel dates and prices between 8 Dec - 7 Jan are indicative and subject to change. Please note Christmas & New Years are on request, special program and price supplement may apply. Quad Family is based on Arctic GlassHouse accommodation.
7 Dec 2022
7 Dec 2022
7 Dec 2022
22 Dec 2022
22 Dec 2022
22 Dec 2022
1 Jan 2023
7 Jan 2023
31 Mar 2023
31 Mar 2023
Tours can change depending on the snow and weather conditions. The hotel is positioned on a hill so you may have an uphill walk to your cabins.
Please note that the TreeHouse Hotel is six minutes from central Rovaniemi and close to the main road.
We have excluded dinners as you may like to visit local restaurants in Rovaniemi. Please let us know if you would like to include the first dinner on arrival or anything else. Lunches often clash with activities so we leave it up to you to fit in with your day.
Family Quad Accommodation:
Your accommodation is an Arctic GlassHouse which have an atmosphere-rich lounge, two bedrooms with high-standard double beds and an impressively fitted kitchenette. The lounge has a real fireplace, offering a cosy place to warm yourselves up after an active day of Arctic adventures. Cabin amenities also include your own private sauna and spacious decking area offering spectacular views of the northern skies. The sofa in the lounge is also a sofa bed for two people.
- 50 m²
- Two bedrooms with high-standard double beds
- extra bed availability for up to two persons
- one bathroom with shower and toilet
- one bathroom with private sauna, shower and toilet
- fireplace, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi
- kitchenette, espresso machine, electric hob and kitchen sink
- coffee tableware, kettle, safe and minibar/fridge
- spacious decking area (22 m2) offering spectacular views of the northern skies
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.