Sea Eagle Safari
- See the king of birds and sea gulls up close
- Experience Trollfjordens steep mountains
- See Svolvær from the sea side
After sailing into the Trollfjord and transferring to a smaller vessel, we watch the Norwegian Coastal voyage ship turn completely around in the narrowest of spaces, a magnificent sight in its own right. The excursion boat then takes us out to see the sea eagles. The safari really starts when seagulls begin brazenly diving for fish from your hand. We then spot the sea eagles approaching to get their share of the meal.
Our guides let these rare and beautiful birds of prey circle the boat a few times before throwing fish into the sea for the eagles to recover and devour. We often observe many of the majestic birds during this tour. Afterwards, we set our course for Svolvær to rejoin the ship, leaving you with memories that will last long after you return home.
- Disembarking port: Tender operation in open sea
- Embarking port: Svolvær
- Southbound or Northbound: Southbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 16:30 - 18:25
- Available period: 24 March - 15 October
- Transportation: Boat
- Meals on the trip: Coffee, biscuits and a taste of stock fish
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing. Life vests are provided
- Note: Norwegian Coastal voyage ships sail into the Trollfjord from the end of April depending on snow/ice conditions.