Göta Kanal and Hurtigruten Review
We arrived home safely last week, and have now fully recovered from any jet lag. Do hope that you had a good holiday.
Our trip went very smoothly, thanks largely to your excellent organisation and arrangements. The quality of all hotels etc was very good, and great locations. Some particular highlights for us:
- The Gota Canal trip was wonderful – it was both enjoyable and very interesting. We were fortunate to have fine weather with some sunshine. The pace of the trip was very leisurely, which might not suit some people, but was fine for us. The meals provided were varied and excellent quality.
- Our trip on the Hurtigruten Nordcapp was very enjoyable. Accommodation was very comfortable, excursions were well organised, meals were also of good quality. Some of the scenery was really amazing.
- The apartment we stayed in at Flam was just great – very comfortable and such a wonderful outlook. We felt we could have stayed longer. The lady in charge was very helpful and friendly which added to our stay there.
- We were very grateful for the courier transfer of our cases from Olso to Bergen –something we would not have thought of.
- The hotel in Bergen was in a great location as well as being very comfortable. We really appreciated the complimentary evening meals there and at the hotel in Trondheim.
Unfortunately the weather was not great for our Geiranger trip – something no one can control. The end of our Norway in a Nutshell trip was affected by heavy rain and poor visibility esp the bus trip from Gudvagen to Voss.
One thing that may be useful for you to know. The cabins on C deck on the Juno (where we were) for the Gota Canal trip were very small, but more importantly the bunks were very narrow and the top one was difficult to climb into and get out of, and this could be difficult or impossible for anyone with mobility issues. Some of the stairways, esp the one to the upper deck was steep and narrow – rather like a ladder. We think it is important that people going on the trip are aware of this beforehand. This is just for your information as they were not significant issues for us.
Once again we wish to thank you for all your assistance in enabling us to have a great holiday.
Marilyn & Helen"