Hjørundfjorden, Geiranger and Ålesund
In Hjørundfjord, we go ashore in the small village of Urke and travel by bus through the narrow Norangsdalen valley. Then we enjoy beautiful Geirangerfjord from a ferry, before travelling up into the mountains for breathtaking views at Flydalsjuvet viewpoint in Geiranger. Some of Norway’s most popular travel photos are taken here.
We continue up Eagle Road, the steepest stretch of road up the mountainside from Geiranger. We take the ferry from Eidsdal to Linge and continue to the village of Stordal where we stop for coffee and a snack. We end the day in Ålesund, a town best known for its beautiful Art Nouveau architecture. Here, we do some short sightseeing and admire the view from the town’s mountain, Aksla, before embarking on the ship.
- Disembarking port: Urke
- Embarking port: Ålesund
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Available period: 01.10 - 31.10.2019
- Duration: 7 hours
- Level: 1
- Transportation: Bus, ferry
- Meals on the trip: Coffee/tea, fish soup or cured meat with flat bread
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing
- Note: Recommended equipment is backpack with water bottle, snack, extra clothing, camera, sunglasses