Although we have an emphasis on photography, all levels of photographic ability are catered for, and our itinerary is also of interest to non-photographers, including partners. All of the activities and sights are incredible in their own right.
Photography Escort David Evans:
David Evans is a former Lonely Planet travel, landscape and commercial photographer and travel writer, and a Master of Photography who creates images of high fidelity, depth and substance. David’s motivation is to remind us that wild, untamed and sublime places are critical elixirs in life…and through travel, nature, observation and art, we find clarity.
- Finalist in 2021 Australian Photography Awards APA Stories competition (for portfolios), and currently semi-finalist for Head On in Sydney with results announced in November 2021
- South Australian AIPP Professional Photographer of the Year 2006 & 2009
- Australian Landscape Photographer of the Year 2015
- Canon Australian Professional Photography Awards 2015 - Highest Scoring Image
- Curator of The EPSON International Pano Awards
- Co-curator of The International Landscape Photographer of the Year
- Author of The Face of Australia, The Face of New Zealand & Australia: Facing the South
- Master of Photography II (Australian Institute of Professional Photography)
- Proudly supported by Epson Australia
- Represented by Panoramic Images & Trademark Fine Art USA
Photography Escort Kelly Champion:
Kelly Champion photographs humanity. More than just a technician, she is a collector of memories, and an acute observer of the nuances of human interaction. Whether it is love and laughter or the serious moments of personal crisis, she turns her lens towards her subjects with passion, understanding and commitment to telling their stories
- South Australian 2016 and 2017 AIPP Professional Photographer of the Year
- 2017 Australian AIPP Documentary Photographer of the Year 2018 South Australian AIPP Family Photographer of the Year
- 2018 South Australian AIPP Documentary Photographer of the Year
- 2018 AIPP Australian Professional Family Photographer of the Year
- 2019 South Australian AIPP Travel Photographer of the Year
Your glass igloo hosts in Ivalo were the first accommodation in Northern Lapland to receive the Green Key award, the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious eco-label represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. Some examples of how they carry this out include offering recycling facilities in all cabins and no longer offering plastic bottles in accommodations, along with protecting the diversity of the surrounding nature, i.e., bird house and insect hotels. Hiking, biking, and skiing tracks are direct from the hotel and as such they encourage low carbon activities such as snowshoeing and toboggans.