Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- Private Meet & Greets
10 days - Premium tour with emphasis on luxury city stays and fabulous fjord scenery
From Stockholm to Bergen, explore the nation capitals and magnificent fjords of Scandinavia. This classic tour gives you the best of the Nordic capitals and the dramatic fjord & mountains of Norway. Travel by deluxe rail and local ferries with ample time to digest the scenery and the modern Scandinavian capital cities. Spend your days in the Norwegian fjords enjoying active adventures such as fly fishing, biking the Rallarvegen and hiking in Aurlandsdalen.
Highlights include an overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo, Norway in the Nutshell® tour with an extended stay in the fjord region and great cities such as Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo and Bergen. Private transfers throughout, private guided tours and premium inclusions set this tour apart.
Enjoy a personalized vacation, developed by one of our experienced Scandinavian destination experts. Relax during your trip with our 24/7 support and expert local guidance.
- Day 1
- Arrive Stockholm and private transfer to your hotel
- Day 2
- Private guided tour of the Old Town and the Vasa Museum
- Day 3
- Wonderful Copenhagen - a small and intimate capital
- Day 4
- Copenhagen private tour including Amalienborg Palace and the Marble Church
- Day 5
- Leisurely morning and then overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- Day 6
- Modern Oslo - visit the Viking Ship and other interesting museums
- Day 7
- Depart Oslo by early train and enjoy the spectacular journey to Flåm
- Day 8
- Active adventures in the heart of Norwegian fjord land
- Day 9
- Start with a spectacular 2 hour cruise from Flåm, marvel at the fjords and villages then head to Bergen
- Day 10
- Explore Bergen - head to the hills above Bergen, museums or fine dine by the water before transferring to the airport
- Start Place
- Stockholm, Sweden tours
- End Place
- Bergen, Norway tours
- Destinations Visited
- Sweden tours
- Denmark tours
- Norway tours
- 10 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles & couples
Private transfers, trains, boat/ferry and local flights.
- Superior hotel accommodation in shared double/twin room with private facilities
- Meet and greet service at your hotels in Stockholm. Our Meet & Greet service at your hotel gives you a warm welcome by one of our guides who will provide you with tips on what to do and see, where to eat and answer questions you might have upon arrival
- Daily breakfast
- All train, bus and boat/ferry tickets as per itinerary, including overnight superior cabin on the Copenhagen to Oslo ferry
- Seat reservations on trains where available
- Private sightseeing programs in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Norwegian fjord region, Gudvangen and Bergen
- During 29|2 Aurland stay: Full board, Waterfall walk, hot tub, sauna and day tour to local farm during your 29|2 Aurland stay
- Luggage porter service during the Norway in the Nutshell® tour
- Norway in the Nutshell® train/ferry/bus ticket from Oslo to Bergen
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Flight Stockholm to Copenhagen including taxes.
- International Flights
Day 1 - Arrive Stockholm and private transfer to your hotel
Arrive in Stockholm and transfer with private vehicle and English speaking driver to your centrally located hotel.
The elegant and understated Lydmar Hotel is a quintessential Stockholm stay. Behind its grand white stone façade, this urban boutique hotel has laid on a smörgåsbord of luxurious comforts: expect quiet rooms in chic muted tones, a classic brasserie beloved by locals and a patio with live music to while away those endless summer days.
Optional Add Ons
Day 2 - Private guided tour of the Old Town and the Vasa Museum
Enjoy your four-hour private tour of Old Town and the Vasa Museum. You will be met at your hotel and walk through the Old Town (Gamla Stan), an area of historical heritage, with many sights and the narrow cobbled streets from a bygone era. Board a local ferry across to Djurgården, an outdoor recreation and garden centre and home to many of the city's museums.
Walk through the Diplomatstaden en route to the Vasa Museum. The Vasa ship was built between 1625 and 1628 as the pride and joy of the Swedish navy. As she embarked on her maiden voyage she fired a big salute, sailed for 20 minutes and then went straight to the bottom of the sea. Today the Vasa ship lies before us 98 % intact.
After the museum tour, your guide will take you into hidden courtyards to enjoy coffee and cake with the locals at one of the oldest cafes in the city.
The afternoon is free to further explore the Royal Palace, situated close to your hotel and one of the most remarkable Baroque buildings in northern Europe. It is built on the remains of its predecessor, Tre kronor, which was destroyed by fire in 1697. The new Palace with 608 rooms was designated by architect Nicodemos Tessin the younger. The Palace is still used by the King as a place of work. ** We can extend your sightseeing to a complete day if you wish.
Day 3 - Wonderful Copenhagen - a small and intimate capital
Transfer to the airport for your short flight to Copenhagen. Upon arrival into Copenhagen you will be transferred to your hotel in the city centre.
Copenhagen has a long history, and many delightful attractions and sights to visit in your short stay. The city is small and cosy, an ideal way to explore the city is by foot, and public transport. A stay at the opulent Nimb Hotel allows you private access to Tivoli Gardens, one of Copenhagen's main attractions.
Plan for your evening meal well in Copenhagen as there are many world-class restaurants to enjoy. Or just head down to Nyhavn for a beer and some snacks with the locals.
AccommodationDeluxe guest room with view
Optional Add Ons
Day 4 - Copenhagen private tour including Amalienborg Palace and the Marble Church
After breakfast, experience Copenhagen with an in-depth 4 hours walking tour accompanied by a guide, who will provide a general overview of Copenhagen's history and notable people such as the Royal family, Hans Christian Andersen, and the founders of the Carlsberg Brewery, as well as insights into Danish food, language, and culture. You will walk through the oldest parts of Copenhagen, visiting attractions such as the Amalienborg Palace, the Marble Church, Slotsholmen & Christiansborg Palace. The walking tour is at a very leisurely pace, with short breaks to sit down several times to enjoy the local cafe culture when needed.
** If you have an interest in food, we suggest upgrading your walking tour to the Culinary Copenhagen tour.
Optional Add Ons
Day 5 - Leisurely morning and then overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
After a leisurely morning on your own, transfer to the cruise terminal mid afternoon for your overnight ferry voyage to Oslo. Settle into your superior cabin and explore the services on board. Sailing overnight, you'll enjoy a relaxing evening on the deck with a range of excellent leisure facilities and restaurants at your disposal.
Your voyage is made comfortable travelling in Premium Class, with a range of extras from balconies, flat screen TVs and complimentary snacks to room service and access to the plush Commodore De Luxe Lounge.
AccommodationOvernight ferry Premium Class
Optional Add Ons
Day 6 - Modern Oslo - visit the Viking Ship and other interesting museums
Arrive into the Oslo port at the relaxed time of 9.45am and private transfer to your hotel. The Norwegian capital has a great deal to offer the discerning traveller, and you have time to discover Oslo's highlights, including the Viking Ship, Kontiki & Fram museums, the Vigeland Sculpture Park, Ekerbergeparken and the Holmenkollen Ski Jump and Museum. A walk around the centre of town to view the Parliament, the Castle, the Harbour area and the new Opera House is well worth it on your arrival this morning.
In the afternoon, meet your private guide for sightseeing by car. The program is flexible depending on what you would like to see as Oslo has a wide variety of museums to explore. Our guide can offer speciality architecture tours if desired. Love biking? Why not do a city bike tour instead!
AccommodationHotel Continental Deluxe Room
Optional Add Ons
Day 7 - Depart Oslo by early train and enjoy the spectacular journey to Flåm
Catch an early morning train from Oslo to Myrdal. The train journey over Northern Europe’s largest mountain plateau is spectacular. In the comfort of your train, watch fjord scenery with beautiful waterfalls, flowing rivers, deep valleys and mountains.
Private transfer to your Norwegian river side hotel.
Enjoy a bowl of hot soup, local organic bread and fresh apple juice in our converted Smokehouse. To top it up and to get you ready for the hiking adventure, we serve a lovely home made dessert. After dessert, we head on to a lovely waterfall hike to Turlidfossen. Here we enjoy a nice cup of warm coffee or tea and a cinnamon roll while we take in the view. After the hike, relax in the calm and quiet garden before dinner is served in our converted Smokehouse.
TransportationLuggage transfer from Oslo to Bergen included. Overnight bags only to go with you today.
Day 8 - Active adventures in the heart of Norwegian fjord land
The day starts out with a breakfast of champions, giving you a taste of the magic that is local, organic ingredients. After breakfast it is time for a calming and mindful session at the lake, trying your skills in a traditional Norwegian rowboat. After testing your skills at rowing we leave the boats and go ashore for a small hike to one of Aurlands traditional pasture farms.
The region has a long and proud tradition with cheese, and up on the summer farms, Norwegians have been spending their summers producing cheese and taking care of livestock for generations. the tradition continues through hard working farmers and their love for natural and organic produce. On the summer farm you have a rich lunch in rustic surroundings, whilst enjoying the fantastic view. After the farm visit, the wood red hot tub and sauna awaits you. Sit back, relax and enjoy your surroundings with a glass of local drink before sitting down in the converted Smokehouse for dinner.
Day 9 - Start with a spectacular 2 hour cruise from Flåm, marvel at the fjords and villages then head to Bergen
The day starts with a private transfer into Flåm and then a spectacular 2-hour fjord cruise from Flåm to the tiny fjord village of Gudvangen. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Aurlandsfjord & the Næroyfjord-a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Gudvangen you change to the connecting bus to Voss, taking you through the beautiful Stalheim canyon with the Stalheimskleiven hairpin road (May to September). In Voss you change to a train that takes you to Bergen.
AccommodationDeluxe Fjord View Room
Day 10 - Explore Bergen - head to the hills above Bergen, museums or fine dine by the water before transferring to the airport
Bergen offers many attractions and sights - many within walking distance. Recommended sights of interests are the Hanseatic harbour Bryggen, Fløibanen Funicular, Troldhaugen, the Fish and Flower market, Bergen Aquarium and Gamle Bergen (Old Bergen Open Air Museum).
Your guide will pick you up at the hotel this morning for a walking tour of Bergen. On completion, private transfer to the airport for your departing flight.
All prices listed are per person and based on Director's Choice superior hotel categories such as Deluxe Fjord View Rooms in Bergen and Deluxe guest room with view in Stockholm.
30 Sep 2021
New attractions are opening all the time in these destinations - ask us for advice about tickets, these should be pre purchased before you depart.
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical information about Scandinavian Hotels
- Hotel rooms in Scandinavia are normally furnished with twin beds, which can be moved together to form a double bed or placed separately. Please note that single rooms are generally smaller than doubles, and are often equipped with a shower instead of a bath. Purpose-built triple or family rooms are likewise unusual in Scandinavian hotels. Whilst it is possible for 3 persons to share a room, this will normally be a double room with an extra bed, with correspondingly less space to move about in.
- It is also unusual to have a porter at hotels to carry your luggage.
- There is free wi-fi in many hotels in Scandinavia.
- Unexpectedly, all forms of Scandinavian accommodation rarely provide tea and coffee facilities in their rooms. If you are lucky, a kettle will be supplied but nothing else. Please ask at reception for some provisions when you arrive or just carry a small selection from home.
- Please also note that in Scandinavia - in particular, during winter - the included lunch will often be a hearty warm soup with bread.
- More remote hotels in Lapland will offer dinner at an additional cost. In some spots, there will be limited choices else where. Generally, you get a very nice home-cooked Scandinavian dinner. However, you may sometimes find only one or two choices only for your main course.
- In Scandinavia, it is normal for washing and laundry facilities to be in the basement. If you are staying in apartment type accommodation, check downstairs or ask for assistance.