Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
4 days - Remote glamping experience in a luxury camp
We invite you to really experience Greenland! Stay in a remote luxury camp, situated two hours by boat from the capital of Greenland, positioned beside the one of the biggest and oldest fjords in the world. Boat or helicopter is the only way to get to this secluded spot.
Highlights include private boat transfers through the Nuuk fjord, guided hikes, guided kayaking, guided local village visit and private tented camp including outdoor hot tub and sauna.
- Day 1
- Monday: Arrive in Nuuk, city tour and then boat transfer to your private camp
- Day 2
- Tuesday: Visit the small Greenlandic settlement, Kapisillit and try your hand at catching Arctic Char
- Day 3
- Wednesday: Boat trip or kayaking around the icebergs
- Day 4
- Thursday: Nuuk return boat trip and transfer to airport
- Start/End Place
- Nuuk, Greenland tours
- Country Visited
- Greenland tours
- 4 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles & couples
Private boat transfers
- Arrival & departure transfer in Nuuk
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- City walk/tour with local guide in Nuuk
- 3 nights staying in a tented camp. Your tipi-like tent has ample space to stand inside and move around. It comes with 2 single beds or one double bed, fully lined - small table with chairs and a cozy stove - and each tent has its own private eco toilet and hot shower.
- Boat trip Nuuk to tented camp (100 km each way through the Nuuk fjord) return
- Use of outdoor hot tub and sauna
- Activities choices for two days include two of the following: Boat trip with hike to the top of Mount Kinaussak, Fishing trip including a visit to the village, Kapisillit, Boat tour, Kayaking tour, Helicopter from camp flying over the icecamp to Norse ruins and boat trip return (additional cost for helicopter).
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
Flight tickets to/from start and end points, any airport taxes, travel insurance, visas, gratitudes and any items of personal nature. Helicopter transfers can be arranged. RIB action boat trip and helicopter fly over activity can be arranged at an additional cost.
Day 1 - Monday: Arrive in Nuuk, city tour and then boat transfer to your private camp
You will be greeted at the tiny airport and escorted to the cultural centre for lunch. At the same time, the guides will brief you about the days ahead and any weather adjustments.
After lunch, you will head down to the old colonial harbour to vsiit the National museum. At 4pm, the boat will pick you up next to the musuem and you will head down the fjord to the camp.
The day is finished off with a dinner in the camp.
Day 2 - Tuesday: Visit the small Greenlandic settlement, Kapisillit and try your hand at catching Arctic Char
After breakfast in the camp, sail to the Kapisillit area, home to the only Greenlandic Salmon breeding spot. Here we will be introduced to fishing with both a traditional rod but also bare hand techniques – it’s a guaranteed memorable fishing experience – catching Arctic Char.
On location, the chef will prepare the caught fish in various styles for lunch.
From the fishing and dining spot we will walk to the settlement of Kapisillit. With 68 inhabitants, one shop, a school and a church the settlement is a typical example of a Greenlandic village. You will have opportunity to explore this small village, visiting the locals and walking the length of this tiny settlement.
The boat will pick you up and return to the camp.
Alternatively: You can hike up Mt. Kinaussak, the highest peak in the entire Nuuk fjord region. You will hike to the top (1600 metres) and have a lunch picnic with scenic views over the entire fjord system. Hike can vary according to fitness levels.
Day 3 - Wednesday: Boat trip or kayaking around the icebergs
Today, you have two options both involving exploring the ice fjord. The boat takes you deep into the ice fjord. Either explore by boat or if you wish, have a try of sea kayaking. After a thorough introduction to kayaking, you will hit the fjord in your own kayak and paddle among the ice.
After getting back to shore, the chef will have a nice lunch ready for you. Then sail towards a stunning valley and fell area. Here the planned hike will let you not only see beautiful nature but most likely also wildlife such as reindeers and maybe musk ox.
Alternative program: for an additional cost, you can take a helicopter flight to the icecap, then visit Norse ruins and try you luck at halibut and red snapper fishing
Day 4 - Thursday: Nuuk return boat trip and transfer to airport
After breakfast in the camp, you will leave the camp by boat and cruise back to Nuuk on the lookout for whales. Transfer to the small airport, check in and then enjoy a quick lunch in Nuuk with your guides before your afternoon departure at 13.20pm.
Price per person. Indicative early price for 2021.
30 Sep 2021
Activity options can vary depending on your fitness and skill levels.
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/