Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- New tour 2020
6 days - Exclusive Family Christmas Tour with Sustainable Focus
Located 100 km above the Arctic Circle in the fell scenery of one of Finland’s oldest national parks, Pyhä-Luosto National Park, Sunday Morning Resort is a retreat offering access to unbelievable Arctic experiences and Northern Lights opportunities. Despite being just 90 minutes from Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland and also the nearest airport, the resort is located away from light pollution on the shores of Lake Pyhä – making it the perfect place for hunting the Aurora Borealis. With its lakeside and forest surroundings, the resort is aptly named to reflect the atmosphere here - every day is like a tranquil Sunday morning and you’ll feel the serenity as soon as you arrive.
50 Degrees North has exclusive use of this tiny Lapland resort with rooms for only 28 guests - 4 double rooms within the lodge and 4 cabins with lofts for younger members of our family. Children (6+) will be delighted by a private visit with a traditional Finnish Santa Claus after they have enjoyed the white snowy peaceful forest on a reindeer safari.
- Built from old pine timber, the main lodge honours the natural surroundings, creating a wonderful log cabin feel
- Private Santa Visit
- Exclusively booked for 50 Degrees North
- The resort is carbon neutral with the help of eco-friendly heating systems and the dense forest surroundings
- Its big, bright dining area, lounge and cosy lobby bar are the perfect common areas to relax in after a day exploring the beautiful Arctic scenes
- Enjoy traditional food made using local organic ingredients in the hotel restaurant
- Work out in the gym then unwind in the modern sauna downstairs
- At the lakeside, enjoy the wood-heated and traditional smoke sauna as well as a wood-fired hot tub (additional cost).
- Day 1
- 23 Dec: Arrive at Sunday Morning Resort - wander out at night to search for the Northern Lights
- Day 2
- 24 Dec: Christmas Eve - Reindeer Safari, a Santa's visit in cozy cabin & Christmas dinner
- Day 3
- 25 Dec: Christmas Day at the Lodge - Arctic Circle Crossing and Ice Fishing to the Lake
- Day 4
- 26 Dec: Husky Safari and Farm Visit
- Day 5
- 27 Dec: Eco friendly silent snowmobiling through nature
- Day 6
- 28 Dec: Departure day
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Finland tours
- Country Visited
- Finland tours
- 6 Days
Private transfers connecting flights to Rovaniemi at specific times, 90 mins. This transfer may be shared with other 50 Degrees North clients arriving on the same flight.
- All accommodation in a shared double room within the lodge (max 2 persons) or apartment/cabin (max 5 persons - loft, two independent apartments per cabin), single supplement available.
- Full board at Sunday Morning Resort from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 6 (drinks and alcohol is not included)
- Winter clothing for the entire stay
- Private return transfers between Rovaniemi to Sunday Morning Resort (possibly shared with other 50DN travellers arriving on the same flight).
- 5 activities as described (Dogsledding and Farm Visit, Frozen Lakes with Ice Fishing, Nature Safari with snow mobiling, Reindeer Safari and Arctic Circle Crossing Ceremony)
- Santa Experience on the 24 Dec including guiding services, transportation, meeting and feeding Reindeer, entrance fee, one hour reindeer safari and visit with Santa per family/group back in a cozy cabin.
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
International flight tickets, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, travel insurance, visas, gratitudes and any items of personal nature.
Day 1 - 23 Dec: Arrive at Sunday Morning Resort - wander out at night to search for the Northern Lights
Today is arrival day, and a transfer is included from Rovaniemi. Check in, relax and get to know your fellow travellers over a cup of tea or a glass of wine. Kids will love choosing their woollen slippers at the front entrance. Kick sleds and sledges at the front door are available free of charge for all guests so have some fun in the snow. In the evening enjoy a welcome dinner of mainly local produce.
Catering and hosting is of the highest standard with fine local produce being prepared by in-house chefs resulting in delicious cuisine with a focus on Finnish seasonal, wild and organic produce.
AccommodationSunday Morning Resort
Day 2 - 24 Dec: Christmas Eve - Reindeer Safari, a Santa's visit in cozy cabin & Christmas dinner
After breakfast and a relaxing start to the day, head out to visit the reindeers. Go sledding through the forest and feed the reindeers.
Return to the resort and enjoy lunch. Then it is time for the special event. Meet a traditional Finnish Santa Claus with your wishes and have a special family time with him in a cozy forest cabin. Santa will give each child their own gift.
This evening you will enjoy a Christmas Dinner to celebrate Christmas Eve together with the other guests. There will be time for decorating the Christmas tree & baking ginger bread. If nature permits, wander outside to experience the Christmas magic beneath the incredible spectacle of the Northern Lights.
Day 3 - 25 Dec: Christmas Day at the Lodge - Arctic Circle Crossing and Ice Fishing to the Lake
Two adventures greet us today. Feel the Lappish magic when a special forest shaman will make you a special ceremony for crossing the lines of the Arctic Circle.
Next, here's your chance to enjoy quality time with your loved ones and experience how much fun ice fishing can be! You will be taken to a beautiful and unforgettable riverside ice-fishing location, where you can try to snare a big one. Includes friendly guiding, equipment and transportation.
Day 4 - 26 Dec: Husky Safari and Farm Visit
Today, you will have the opportunity to go husky sledding.
The sleds hold one guide musher and passengers; the dogs are friendly, nimble and extremely strong. The sleds provide comfort and manoeuvrability ensuring a magical day.
Our dog sledding venue is located in a peaceful wilderness, combining pine forests, open tundra and lakes. Before the tour begins you'll meet the dogs, help prepare the sleds and be briefed on safety. The sledding itself goes for approximately 30 minutes.
Day 5 - 27 Dec: Eco friendly silent snowmobiling through nature
Today, head out on a snowmobile safari with eSled snowmobiles. They are completely silent, emission-free and while driving you may breathe fresh air.
The Safari guide will teach you how to handle snowmobiles and about security matters and the rules of the safari. When two people are sharing a snowmobile, they can take turns in driving. You will get full safari equipment for the duration of the program: thermal outfit, socks and boots, gloves, balaclava and helmet.
The route goes along easy tracks and you can enjoy the stillness of nature. On the way there are stops for making pictures or just for resting and sipping warm juice.
Day 6 - 28 Dec: Departure day
After a traditional Finnish breakfast, say good-bye and continue to your next destination.
Price per person in double room. Family price with loft accommodation for children. Family Quad price is based on 2 adults and 2 children (6-12) and family triple is 2 adults and 1 child (age 6-12).
28 Dec 2020
28 Dec 2020
28 Dec 2020
Other activities can include electric fatbiking, ice climbing, snowshoeing and hitting the slopes at two nearby ski resorts, depending on time and availability.
The restaurant incorporates only mainly local, seasonal and wild ingredients, the gardens use only organic fertilisers and the resort has a social conscience, employing local people as permanent staff members.