Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
6 days - Boutique Beana Laponia | Rovaniemi | Snowmobiling
Beana Laponia is a brand new boutique hotel in the heart of Finnish Lapland, designed for adults only. Surrounded by a mesmerising snowy landscape, the Beana Laponia offers a wilderness hideaway with an abundance of winter activities on its doorstep.
With just 11 bedrooms, you can enjoy a relaxing Northern Lights break, away from the crowds. Locally sourced produce is served in the hotel's restaurant - enjoy reindeer dishes, freshly caught salmon seasoned with a variety of local berries.
Beana Laponia translates as 'Dog Lapland' and with their own pack of dogs on the land near the hotel, you can get to know the dogs before going on your sledding adventure. You also get the use of private tracks for the dogsledding safari.
- Day 1
- Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to Beana Laponia
- Day 2
- Dogsledding in the Meltaus region on private trails
- Day 3
- Snowmobiling and Aurora Borealis evening adventure
- Day 4
- Optional day tour to Rovaniemi
- Day 5
- Reindeer farm visit with short sleigh ride
- Day 6
- Departure day
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Finland tours
- Country Visited
- Finland tours
- 6 Days
Airport transfers from Rovaniemi to Beana Laponia (45 mins), transfers can be arranged to visit Rovaniemi.
- Winter clothing set during your stay at Beana Laponia
- Free use of toboggans, snowshoes & kicksleds
- Sauna daily between 4pm - 6.30pm & one private evening sauna which includes sauna, jacuzzi, cooling room & outdoor hot tub.
- Full board at Beana Laponia from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 6 (drinks and alcohol is not included).
- Winter activities - 3 hour Husky Safari on private tracks, 3 hour snow mobile safari, reindeer farm visit with 3km sleigh ride and Aurora evening.
- Nordic + include 5 nights in Jr Suite
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
International flight tickets, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, travel insurance, visas, gratitudes and any items of personal nature.
Day 1 - Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to Beana Laponia
Beana Laponia is located by the Ounasjoki river in the area of Meltaus in Finnish Lapland. Rovaniemi airport is south 45 minutes away. Alternatively Kittilä is 1 hour 30 minutes drive to the North.
Check in, relax and get to know your fellow travellers over a cup of tea or a glass of wine. In the evening enjoy a welcome dinner of local produce.
Day 2 - Dogsledding in the Meltaus region on private trails
Today, you will have the opportunity to mush your own team of 5-6 dogs under the full guidance and instruction of our professional sled guides. The sleds hold one musher and one passenger; the dogs are friendly, nimble and extremely strong.
Our dog farm is next door to our hotel so we can leave directly into the beautiful snowy forests, skirt lakes and rivers, climb hills and explore fells. All on private tracks! Before the tour begins you'll meet the dogs, help prepare the sleds and be briefed on safety. This safari will deliver you back to the hotel for a buffet lunch. The afternoon is yours.
Note: Husky safaris require reasonable good physical condition and are not suitable for guests suffering back/knee or leg problems and not suitable during pregnancy.
Day 3 - Snowmobiling and Aurora Borealis evening adventure
Experience the Arctic beauty by snowmobiling today. This 3-hour snowmobile safari will take you through the wilderness of Northern Finland. Driving along the snowmobile tracks, two people share a snowmobile. The distance driven depends on the weather conditions and the skills of the participants. Stop for hot beverages along the way.
Depending on the program and the weather, head out tonight for a late night program of Aurora viewing. Rug up for a campfire, hot drinks and story telling about the Northern Lights.
Day 4 - Optional day tour to Rovaniemi
Fancy meeting Santa? Perhaps you are interested in venturing into the city of Rovaniemi. The capital of Lapland is a little less than one hour’s drive away. The first stop is the Santa Claus Village on the Arctic Circle where you can experience the wonders of the Christmas spirit. The highlights of the day are meeting Santa Claus and souvenir shopping from the wide range of local products from Lapland.
You can then head towards Arktikum, a wonderful modern museum exhibiting the unique flora, fauna, weather and culture of the Arctic in an illustrative way.
Head back to Beana Laponia and enjoy the peace & quiet of your wilderness hotel. This is an optional day tour. If you would prefer to stay at the hotel, you are more than welcome.
Day 5 - Reindeer farm visit with short sleigh ride
Today, enjoy a more peaceful day with a reindeer safari. Take the time to savor the snow-covered landscape during a wonderfully peaceful 3km sleigh ride. We will get close to these beautiful creatures. Your guide will tell you about reindeers, their indigenous Sami culture and life in the Arctic.
If you successfully complete your 3km ride, participants will receive their reindeer driving licence! Duration approx 2.5 hours including transfers by car.
Day 6 - Departure day
After breakfast, return to the airport. Be sure to talk to us regarding visiting some of the other unique areas of Northern Finland.
Price per person. 'Standard' price per person based on sharing a standard room. Accommodation options for other room categories on request Nordic + includes 5 nights in Jr Suite.
31 Mar 2020
22 Dec 2020
9 Jan 2021
31 Mar 2021
Daily program may change closer to the date but all activities outlined will be included. This hotel is not designed for children.
This tour can be easily modified to include a stay at a similar lodge or unique accommodation option in the area. Or perhaps consider skiing afterwards at Levi Resort?
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.