7I Mountain hike with husky
ust you, a canine companion and magnificent nature. Join us on this invigorating mountain hike accompanied by your own designated tour dog.
- Enjoy the company of your own husky
- Hike in beautiful and flourishing summer scenery
- Taste reindeer sausages from the grill
At Gabba Husky Kennel near Kirkenes, eager huskies await taking you on a hike into the surrounding mountain wilderness. After a short meet and greet, we start our trek up to a mountain plateau. The first 700 metres of elevation are through lush Arctic vegetation. After climbing another 100 metres, the landscape changes into barren rocky terrain. Enjoy the thrill of a mountain hike in the far north of Norway and the company of a friendly husky. Fill your soul with incredible views of the surrounding area and mountains. Blueberries, cranberries and crowberries mature during the summer and can be picked along the way. Once reaching the top, we take a break, and if weather permits, build a fire and cook reindeer sausages. We then head back to Gabba kennel where you board a bus for the trip back to the ship in Kirkenes.
- Disembarking port: Kirkenes
- Embarking port: Kirkenes
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 09:00 - 12:00
- Available period: 07.06-06.09
- Transportation: Bus
- Meals on the trip: Reindeer sausage and warm drink.
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, and warm, windproof clothing.
- Note: The dog is tied to a belt around your waist with a short leash.
- Age limit: 7 years old together with parent