7E ATV/Quad Safari to the Russian Border
Discover the town of Kirkenes, the surrounding nature, historical sights and the Russian border on this motorized quad bike adventure.
- Admire the many stunning viewpoints
- Guided history tour
- Visit the Russian border
Discover Kirkenes, the area around it and the Russian border by quad bike. Spend two hours exploring the nature, historical sights and highlights. The guide meets you at the quay and introduces you to safety instructions before you drive in pairs to the viewpoint overlooking the Sydvaranger mines. Here, the guide will give you an insight into the history of the place.
The Russian border at Skafferhullet was the former border crossing point between Murmansk (Russia) and Finnmark (Norway). From here you can see a Russian dwelling and a Russian chapel. At the current border station between Russia and Norway, Storskog, we serve coffee and a snack. On the way back to Kirkenes, there will be a brief stop at Prestfjellet Mountain to enjoy the view of both the town and your waiting Hurtigruten ship.
- Disembarking port: Kirkenes
- Embarking port: Kirkenes
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 09:30 - 12:00
- Available period: 07 May - 06 October
- Transportation: ATV
- Meals on the trip: Coffee and snack
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Special clothing is provided
- Note: Bring driver’s license. 2 people per vehicle. We drive along the main road.
- Age limit: 12 years old together with parent