2B Geiranger with Trollstigen Pass
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- Beautiful & breathtaking view
- Seeing a fjord, lake & mountains in one trip
- Thrilling drive down Trollstigen pass
- Visit Gudbrandsjuvet (Gudbrands Gorge)
Get ready for an exciting full day exploring the world-famous Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-capped peaks, wild waterfalls and lush vegetation. We first drive from Geiranger, up the incredibly steep Ørneveien (Eagle Road), which tops out at 620 meters above sea level. At the summit is Ørnesvingen viewpoint and a waterfall. The vista here encompasses Geiranger, Geirangerfjord, with its sheer mountainsides plunging into the sea, and the “Seven Sisters” waterfalls. We then drive along Eidsvatnet lake and proceed to Eidsdal, where we ferry across the fjord to Linge.
Back on dry land, we head again for the mountains, stopping en route at the impressive Gudbrandsjuvet (Gudbrands Gorge). We then drive down Trollstigen (The Troll’s Ladder), a 66-mile-long stretch of road with dizzying views of abrupt mountainsides, precipitous waterfalls, deep fjords and fertile valleys. Trollstigen descends out of the mountains on 11 hairpin turns at a 9 percent gradient and is surrounded by lofty peaks appropriately dubbed Kongen (the King), Dronningen (the Queen) and Bispen (the Bishop). At the bottom, it’s time for a hot drink and snack before continuing to the gentler terrain of Romsdalsfjord. We wrap up our day with dinner in the City of Roses, Molde, before embarking on our waiting Hurtigruten ship.
- Disembarking Port: Geiranger
- Embarking port: Molde
- Direction: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 13:45 - 21:15
- Available From: 2 June – 1 September
- Duration: 7 hours 30 min
- Level: 2
- Transportation: Boat/Bus
- Meals During the Excursion: Coffee/tea, roll, pancake and dinner
- Please note that only excursion participants can go ashore in Geiranger. Landing is by tender boat, so getting on and off the craft may be difficult for people with impaired mobility.