11A Trondheim with Nidaros Cathedral
Join us for a coach tour of this medieval city that has become a major modern academic and technological research centre.
Trondheim is a large city by Norwegian standards, but has managed to preserve much of the intimacy and charm of a small town. It is also a city full of contrasts, with its medieval cathedral, colourful wharves and beautiful red-painted wooden bridge dating back to 1861 on one hand, and its modern sports facilities, world-renowned education and research community, and lively nightlife on the other. On this coach tour, a local guide tells you all about Trondheim´s highlights as we pass through its streets and boroughs, including a short stop at Utsikten (the View) to admire the city from above.
Our adventure continues to the impressive Nidaros Cathedral, built over the burial site of St. Olav (Haraldsson), the patron saint of Norway. Construction of this enormous Gothic structure with its countless details and adornments began as early as 1070. You quickly see why many describe Nidaros as the most beautiful religious building in Norway. At the end of the tour, you receive a complimentary book about Nidarosdomen to take home as a memory.
- Practical Information
- Disembarking port: Trondheim
- Embarking port: Trondheim
- Southbound or Northbound: Southbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 08:00 - 09:50
- Available period: All year
- Duration: 2 hours
- Transportation: Bus
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes
- Note: Photography is not allowed inside Nidaros Cathedral. The excursion is available on both north- and southbound sailings