Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival 2016
Two Copenhagen food festivals have merged as one to make a massive month of food offerings this August.
Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival is an annual food festival that celebrates the Copenhagen gastro scene and Denmark as a food country. This year it will be held between the 19 of August & the 28 of August.
The festival offers more than a 100 unique events in the course of 10 days in August, so there is something for any palate’s taste – from intimate dinners with Danish chefs to huge food events with thousands of guests.
Some of the highlights include:
- Signature events such as the 'at home with...' experiences that allow you to meet and eat with top Danish chefs in their own homes. Info here
- Pop up restaurants & Wine shops throughout the 10 days
- Massive street dinners (1200 diners+ ) enjoying the fine summer nights of Copenhagen
- Pop up community kitchen in the world's largest straw bale garden
- Meatpacking District of Copenhagen will turn into one huge food party with Nordic cocktail making, classes on the art of fermentation and some of the best chefs in Denmark competing for the 'Best Dish of the Day'.
There is a very easy to use event guide, which gives you budget choices and style advice here. It is very tempting reading.
Image credits: Steen Brogaard & Rasmus Flindt Peder