50 Degrees North specialises in holiday travel to Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the Arctic and Russia. We specialise regionally, as we believe it is not possible to be good at everything. We are a specialist tour operator, but can also help book your international flights as a full service travel agent.
Why travel with us?
There are many reasons to book your Nordic, Russian or Arctic holiday with us, and here are a few to think about;
- You get to speak with a passionate local Scandinavian with first hand knowledge from the region. Be sure to check us out here.
- All our sales staff and owners are Scandinavians, and we know our home region like the back of our hand. This expertise is unique in the industry, and adds significant value to each and every booking, ensuring our customers have the best possible holiday experience.
- As Scandinavians we have a strong relationship with local suppliers and hoteliers. We contract directly with local guides, hoteliers and transport companies. There are no middlemen taking a cut, and our rates are competitive. That said; we are not in the game of competing for the cheapest available rate of the day. The personal touch and care we provide to every trip we put together goes far beyond anything offered through an online booking site.
- We keep updated on local conditions to benefit your holiday. This may include; a) knowledge on which areas of town have building works taking place which may affect your good nights sleep; b) knowledge of which cruise ship may be docking in small fjord villages when you happen to be there seeking peace and quiet; c) alternative transport options taking you away from the crowds.
- 50 Degrees North has offices in Lillehammer, Norway, as well as Melbourne, Australia and will be able to respond to sales and operational enquiries in two time zones.
- The Australian entity, 50 Degrees North Pty Ltd, is full participant of the AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme (ATAS) with ATAS Accreditation number; A10454. We are CATO registered Operators and also Virtuoso Preferred Suppliers.
|Membership of the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) is a hallmark of competence and integrity. CATO is the representative body for wholesale tour operators who supply travel and tour packages to domestic and international destinations.|
|Virtuoso is one of the most well-known and respected travel groups in the world. The by-invitation-only organization is comprised of over 375 agency members and more than 9,800 elite travel advisors in over 30 countries.|
Your pre-paid funds funds
When booking a holiday with 50 Degrees North your funds are paid into a Client Trust Account with a reputed bank (National Australia Bank or Nordea Bank, Norway). Your funds are securely locked away in the Client Trust Account until we are required to pay our suppliers for your travel arrangements. We are not utilising your pre-paid funds for day-to-day operations of our business until all your travel arrangements have been settled and your travel has commenced.